Lumanu allows you to receive payments as a creator using our Services. By opting into such Services, you agree that Lumanu will receive such payments through the Services as your agent. By agreeing to receive such payments through our Services, you agree that a brand partner's payment obligation for services will be satisfied upon Lumanu's receipt of such payment. The amount of such payment will be a financial obligation to be paid to you by Lumanu.
Eligibility for Payment Services: In order to use the Services, you must (i) be an individual of at least 18 years of age and able to form legally binding contracts under applicable law, (ii) have a valid and active e-mail address, (iii) use the Services on behalf of a United States-domiciled business entity or as a freelancer.
You authorize Lumanu, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider necessary to verify your or your business’ identity. This may include asking you for further information, requiring you to take steps to confirm ownership of your email address, financial instruments, or information associated with your business, and verifying your Personal Information and your business’ information against third party databases or through other sources. If Lumanu cannot verify your or your business’ identity, Lumanu reserves the right to deny you use of the Services or to limit your use of your Account.
For access to and use of the services, Lumanu may charge users certain fee(s) (“Fee(s)”) at the time of payment submission. Fees will be charged to your payment method, either in a separate transaction from any principal payments or in a single transaction including both amounts, depending on applicable rules. Fees for immediately processed payments are charged in real-time upon submission. Fees are not refundable in the event you dispute any charge, institute any stop-order, chargeback, clawback, reversal or similar action to stop or reclaim funds, or make any claim of improper payment, based on any failure by Recipient Creator to deliver goods or services at all or in a satisfactory and/or timely manner.Fees may vary, depending upon factors including but not limited to the payment’s Recipient, the payment method, and other variables both which may or may not be controlled by Lumanu. Fees are subject to change at any time without prior notice and are calculated in real time and presented to you during review of your payment, prior to submission or edit.
If you'd like to let your brand partners know that you are using Lumanu to manage invoices and receive payments, we provide sample language to insert into your brand partnership agreements.
Restrictions on Payments: Payments may only be made via U.S. payment methods. To prevent fraud and comply with legal obligations, we may ask for additional information from you and from third parties. We may put your payment or your payment method on hold for review. If you do not cooperate with our review process, your payment may be delayed or declined. We reserve the right to limit or refuse your use of a particular payment method for any reason in our sole discretion. We may impose limitations on the size, frequency, and timing of payments, on a per transaction or a cumulative basis, and change those limits at any time. We may decline to make payments or otherwise deny you use of the Services, and we may decline to explain why.
Restricted Activities: You agree not to use the Services for the following purposes:
- for alimony or to escrow accounts
- as a donation to an organization not classified as a registered charity
- other than for legitimate payment purposes (e.g., to test or probe card behaviors).
For unsupported goods and services, including
- gambling and related activity (such as lotteries, bidding fee auctions, sports forecasting or odds making, fantasy sports leagues, internet gaming, contests, sweepstakes, and games of chance);
- unsupported debt types (such as credit card balances, uncollateralized loans, auto title loans);
- payment for debt that has been charged off as uncollectible;providing credit or loans, including payday loans
- illegal drugs (real or synthetic);
- controlled substances and related goods or services;
- psychics and fortunetellers;
- sale and exchange of currency, including digital and cryptocurrencies;
- multi-level marketing or pyramid schemes;
- software or other technology developed to weaken industry security controls such as malware, spyware, viruses, back-doors ,drop dead devices or other similar program installation;
- certain investment accounts or to fund unsupported investments, including but not limited to 401(k) accounts, 403(b) plans, 457 plans, 529 plans, and IRAs;
- tobacco, e-cigarettes, and e-liquid;
- pharmaceuticals, nutritional supplements and related goods or services;
- healthcare, medical services or procedures;
- pornography, obscene materials, and sexually-related or “adult” services;
- weapons (including without limitation, knives, guns, gunpowder or ammunition), fireworks, and other explosives;
- gold, diamonds, precious metals and related goods or services;
- toxic, flammable, and radioactive materials; or
- other goods and services subject to government regulation.
In violation or potential violation of applicable law, regulation, rule, or legal interest, including
- sending or receiving potentially fraudulent funds;
- in the course of any activity regulated by the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) or any other relevant regulatory body;
- infringement or potential infringement of any party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy;
- acting in a manner that could be defamatory, trade libelous, threatening or harassing;
- using your Account or the Services in violation of applicable payment network rules.
In a manner detrimental to our provision of the Services, including:
- the provision of outdated, false, inaccurate, or incomplete information;
- using any promotional or referral programs in a manner deemed abusive or against the intention of said programs;
- maintaining or using multiple Accounts, and/or allowing other individuals to access or use your Account, in any case to circumvent, undermine, or act contrary to the intent or spirit of Lumanu or legal restrictions;
- using an anonymizing proxy;
- using the Services in a manner that results in or may result in complaints, disputes, claims, chargebacks, stop-payments, fees, fines, penalties and other liability to Lumanu, a third party, or you;
- imposing unreasonable demands on our technical or personnel resources, regardless of intent;
- facilitating viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or Information;
- using any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to access, monitor or copy our website without our prior written permission;
- using any device, software or routine to bypass any robot exclusion headers, or interfere or attempt to interfere, with our website or the Services;
- taking any action that may cause us to lose any of the services provided by to us by third parties, payment processors, or other suppliers;
- reselling, re-skinning, or otherwise distributing our Services;
- breaching this Agreement or any other agreement or policy that you have agreed to with Lumanu.
If you have a payment use case which is not explicitly mentioned above, and for which you would like to confirm support, please check with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If we have reason to believe that you have engaged in any Restricted Activities or that you have used our Services inappropriately, Lumanu or its bank(s) (to the extent applicable) reserves the right to, in its sole discretion and at any time, take any or all of the following actions:
- Close, suspend, or limit your access to your Account or the Services;
- Hold, return, or reclaim funds;Update inaccurate information you provided to Lumanu or its bank(s);
- Refuse to provide Services to you or related parties in the future;
- Contact your bank or notify Recipient Creators, law enforcement, or impacted third parties of your actions;
- Take legal action against you.