This year, being authentic yet effective on social media is the key to driving holiday sales. Because let's face it, the holiday growth strategies you invested last year for Black Friday and the holiday season are no longer proven.
This year, three things are certain:
- Consumers will not have the option to line up outside of stores and make in-store purchases as they have in years past.
- Brands are heavily relying on digital and social media ad campaigns to replace the in-store traffic resulting in overly competitive and saturated consumer experience and fragmented attention.
- There is no longer a reason to focus on a specific day/time to offer your best promotions. Brands are starting typical Black Friday promotions earlier and the promotions are lasting longer.
How will you stand out and win the hearts of our target audience against the competition? How will you retain customer loyalty? How will you pivot your digital marketing strategy to make sure you are making the most strategic use of funds available?
At times like these, the best you can do is spend your ad budget on strategies that are the most authentic and highly targeted. The most effective way to do this is by whitelisting influencer content and handles to run dark posts (or paid ads). Influencer storytelling will breathe life into your brand's campaigns and whitelisting their content and handle will allow you to take advantage of Facebook’s powerful targeting capabilities, taking your influencer marketing campaign efforts to the next level.
Whether you have tried adding whitelisting to your influencer campaigns in the past or not, two things you need to consider is that success is dependent on the ability to leverage influencers at scale and optimize content to truly drive results. Recommended reading: A Quick Guide to Influencer Whitelisting
The Power of Influencer Whitelisting at Scale
Why Scale is important:
There are a few reasons that it is important to scale your influencer advertising efforts which will ultimately lead to a better return on investment for your marketing dollars.
- Scaling helps you find the influencer content that drives the best direct response results- Working with enough influencers to be able to correctly identify who will drive the best results is key in making sure your money is put to good use. Working with influencers can be a hit or miss. While some may be incredible storytellers and content creators, not all creators are able to unlock ROI for brands right off the bat. The best strategy is to build a roster of influencers who you feel confident are a great fit for your brand and who you can count on to deliver compelling content. From there, you can gain advertising access to the influencer's account and content to test and find out exactly which influencers are your champions at unlocking conversions. We recommend starting with at least 5-20 influencers and then scaling your roster after you have identified the types of influencers that work best for your brand.
- The ability to increase spend to drive higher sales volume- Once you have found the right combination of influencer content, handles, copy, call to action, and audience targeting- it's time to pour some gas on the fire. Increase spend on the campaign every day by 20-35% until you observe diminishing returns.
Why Optimization is Important:
Amplifying influencer content through their handles as paid ads is not a “set it and forget it” digital marketing strategy. There are many parts to an influencer dark post ad that must be tested and optimized for the best results. When optimizing, make sure you retain the authenticity of the influencer’s content and storytelling while blending in a powerful call to action opportunities and promotional copy.
Check out our full best practices for creating compelling direct response influencer ads.
Now that you understand why it is imperative to invest in this strategy, let's explore some of the challenges and solutions.
The Challenge of Influencer Whitelisting:
Whitelisting influencer content to create ads that come from influencer handles is a proven way to unlock a new, powerful acquisition channel. Brands that invest in this strategy see, on average, a RoaS of 300%. There is just one problem: the manual process of whitelisting is virtually impossible to scale and leaves little opportunity for optimization. On average, whitelisting just one influencer account can take 10+ hours and involves countless back and forth.
In the spirit of trying to get an early start in the minds of holiday consumers, spending hundreds of hours getting these advertising permissions is not realistic to any marketer who hopes to see a worthy return.
The Solution? Lumanu. A Facebook Marketing Partner and the industry leader in providing automated influencer whitelisting technology. Lumanu’s automation software makes the process of securing influencer advertising access fast, easy, and safe for influencer and brand partners alike.
Lumanu serves as a perfect extension to any existing CRM or influencer discovery platform. You can easily gain advertising access to your top creators in seconds.
Access to multiple influencer's handles provides the opportunity for you the test different Instagram story placements, carousel orders, copy and call to actions. Most importantly, access to influencer audience data unlocks the ability to amplify the reach of influencer content by leveraging custom lookalike audiences at a fraction of the cost compared to other audience targeting solutions on the market. Retarget followers who have already seen the influencer’s post about your brand, create scalable net new lookalike prospecting audiences, or target a broader pool of influencer engagers. Recommended Reading: Maximizing Influencer Whitelisting with Audience Targeting
Don't get left in the dust of other e-commerce brands this holiday season. Take the time now to consider how to integrate a scalable influencer whitelisting program into your holiday strategy.
Finally, with Lumanu scaling your influencer amplification campaigns and optimizing for conversions is not only possible but easy and fast. Request a demo with our team today!