When To Create A New SmartBoost vs When To Add Content To An Existing SmartBoost
This help article will help in deciding when to add new content to an existing SmartBoost or create a new SmartBoost.
A Lumanu SmartBoost allows you to amplify content created by Lumanu authenticated influencers. Within a SmartBoost, Lumanu optimizes spend across pieces of content for your defined objective (e.g. reach, engagement, clicks, brand awareness). A SmartBoost can have content from different placements (e.g. Facebook feed, Instagram feed and Instagram Story posts), spend will be allocated to deliver the best performance based on your objective.
Additionally, within a SmartBoost all content will compete across audiences you have selected to target in your SmartBoost.
If you have existing SmartBoost(s) running and you want to amplify additional content, should you create a new SmartBoost or add content to an existing SmartBoost?
When to Create a New SmartBoost
- You want to amplify content with a different objective (e.g. link clicks versus reach).
- When you want to target a completely different audience with influencer content (including influencer audiences). E.g. you may want different SmartBoosts for a your influencer content across men's clothing vs. women's clothing.
- When the content in your existing SmartBoosts is no longer relevant E.g. Do not add content to a SmartBoost that had content focused on Valentine's day with Spring messaging in March (assuming you do not want to promote Valentine's day after the holiday).
Remember that the purpose of a SmartBoost is to optimize across all content in a given campaign in order to deliver the best results based on your objective.
When to Add Content to an Existing SmartBoost
New content can be added to a SmartBoost at any time.
Add content to an existing SmartBoost when:
- The objective for the SmartBoost is the same as for your new content E.g. Objective for SmartBoost is Link Clicks and you would like to continue to optimize for Link Clicks.
- You'd like your additional content to compete against content that is already active in the SmartBoost.
- The flight time of the content is the same - note that you can pause individual pieces of content in a SmartBoost, though this is not recommended unless one SKU is sold through so you want to pause the post of influencer promoting the SKU, or content is out of date.
Important things to consider:
- When adding content closer to the end date for the SmartBoost or with little budget left, the newly added pieces of content may not be as optimized as the first content that went into the SmartBoost (depends on budget and timing). This may give the initial content an unfair advantage based off of Facebook's algorithm.
- When adding content to a SmartBoost that is currently running (has budget to be spent and has not reached the end date), the content will go live and deliver automatically.
- When adding content to a SmartBoost that is not running (it has been paused, the budget has been fully spent or the end date has passed), the content will not be delivered unless the SmartBoost is unpaused, the budget is increased and the end date is extended.
Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions!