Welcome to the future of creator payments! The following help article will walk you through how to set up your Lumanu account so you are able to begin sending payment requests to your brand partners.
Verify your name and contact information is correct. This information will be shown on your invoice.
Click “Add Account” and enter the banking information for the account in which you would like to receive payment. You will need your online bank username and password to link via Plaid by Visa.
- Note: If you are requesting payment multiple times for the same project or from the same contact, you can select an existing collab.
- The “Collab Name” will be visible to you as the title of your request in your tracking dashboard and to your brand partner on the invoice. Be sure to name it something that will make sense to both you and your brand partner! (Example: Brand x Campaign x date)
- Add the email, name, and company of the person who should receive your invoice via email.
- Lumanu uses your payment request information to automatically generate and email a professional invoice complete with payment instructions to the contact listed.
- Provide the amount and corresponding description that will be included on the invoice that is sent to your brand partner.
- Click the Add + Button to add to the invoice. You must click the Add + to be able to send your request.
- Create itemized lines on the invoice: Use the Add+ to list out amounts and descriptions as separate line items on the invoice if needed. (Creating Line items is optional)
Use the calendar date selector to choose the date the payment is due based on your agreement with your brand partner.
Note: This due date is the day that the brand will need to pay the invoice by. Be sure to add on any "net terms". Lumanu uses this date to send the brand friendly payment reminders to keep the brand on track.
Example: If the brand's payment terms are "Net 30 from the day of posting", you would add on 30 days from the day the content is posted to set the due date.
List any “purchase order” or “invoice identification” numbers required by your brand partner to be included on the invoice.
Sending the payment request will automatically generate and email your invoice to the contact listed on the payment request.
You will be CC’d on the invoice email for visibility.
The email can be forwarded if needed.
You can respond to the email to start a thread with your brand partner.
Use your Lumanu dashboard to keep track of status updates and your earnings in one place. Lumanu will automatically update the payment status in your dashboard.
Lumanu will deposit the funds directly in your bank account within 24 hours. You will be notified once you have been paid.