How To Create A SmartBoost (SBv3)
Below are the steps to create a SmartBoost within the Lumanu platform.
- Log in to the Lumanu platform.
- Click the Lightning Bolt icon on the far left hand side of the platform to enter the SmartBoost screen.
- Click the 'New SmartBoost' button.
- Complete the prompts below, all are required except for 'Billing Code'.
- The minimum budget that we require for a SmartBoost is $100.
- If you are creating a SmartBoost containing Housing, Employment, or Credit (HEC) opportunities you now must select the corresponding Special Ad Category or else the ad won't run. Please see an article here that provides additional information regarding HEC campaigns.
- Choose your SmartBoost objective.
- Select Ad Defaults.
- Define the audiences you are targeting in your ad sets. You have the option to create an exact audience based on your specifications (eg: gender, age, and location). Additionally, you will be able to create Lookalike audience ad sets based on people who have engaged with the creators content.
- Name and create custom audiences based on gender, age, location, and interests. You will be able to add additional custom audiences if you'd like or you can remove them if they are not needed.
- Include/Exclude saved audiences from your team's Facebook Ad Account to use in your SmartBoost targeting (this may not apply to all SmartBoost users).
- Any audiences saved to your internal Ad Account will automatically populate when searching for them by name.
- Once complete click the 'Save Changes' button at the top right of the SmartBoost.
- You will then be brought into the 'Ad Creatives' tab where you will add content to your SmartBoost.
- To do so, click the 'Add New Creative' button.
- Utilize the 'Filters' on the far left hand side to search for the piece(s) of content that you want to add to your SmartBoost (can search by keyword/hashtag, influencer, content type, etc). Note that when you make any changes to the filters you must click 'Search' again in order to populate the updated selections.
- Check the box on the left hand side of the piece of content that you want to boost and then click 'Add New Creative' to add that piece of content to your SmartBoost campaign. Note that you will be able to add multiple pieces of content at a time.
- You can then edit the 'Primary Text' within each piece of content, a 'CTA' button (required) and a 'Website URL' (required) as well as the 'Headline and/or Description' if it is a Facebook post.
- After that click the 'Save Changes' at the top right of the platform to save that piece of content within your SmartBoost campaign.
- Once you are finished adding all content to your SmartBoost campaign select 'Publish to Facebook'.
- An email notification will be sent once the SmartBoost has been published.
- Your SmartBoost will remain in a drafted "paused" state until you click the 'Start' button at the top right hand corner. Doing so will set your SmartBoost live in Facebook Ads Manager.
- Confirmation that the SmartBoost has been published will appear in the 'Publish Summary' tab.
- Note that the reason that there will be more ad sets than ads in the 'Publish Summary' tab. This because SmartBoost creates one ad set per placement (Facebook Feed, Instagram Feed, and Instagram Story). Ad sets created will also be based on the audiences selected (eg: Instagram Story Exact, Instagram Story Engaged, Instagram Story Lookalike).
- For example, see below:
Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions!