Updates To Housing, Employment, And Credit Ads In Ads Manager
In 2019 Facebook announced updates to Housing, Employment, and Credit Ads to help prevent discrimination in ads that offer those services.
If you want to reach people in the US with ads that offer housing, employment or credit opportunities, you must now select the corresponding “Special Ad Category” in the SmartBoost settings or in Ads Manager or your ad will not be able to run.
Campaigns that include a Special Ad Category have some limited or unavailable audience targeting options.
- You cannot target by age, gender, ZIP code, multicultural affinity, or any detailed options describing or appearing to relate to protected characteristics
- You cannot access Lookalike or Saved Audiences. However, you will be able to create new Custom Audiences from existing information or Special Ad Audiences to reach new people
Special Ad Audiences are similar to Lookalike Audiences, but it do not take into account age, gender or ZIP code when targeting
- Location: Can target your ads to people by geographic location (such as country, region, state, province, city or congressional district), but not by ZIP code
- Age: You cannot edit this option. Audiences must include ages 18 through 65+.
- Gender: You cannot edit this option. Audiences must include all genders.
If you have any questions regarding Housing, Employment and/or Credit Ads please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org